Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This semester has been a trip.. and my special gift to Art 100

I haven't been through so many emotions in one semester. It's been an interesting trip, and I can say it was a learning experience, although not necessarly a fun one. I have been teetering on the positive scale of depression and anxiety pretty much all semester. Ive had to deal with past heartbreaks, things ive been trying to bury away, stresses of friendship and bearing the load of many for classes. But thats a good thing... You must face your demons and the things you fear, and cause you dis-ease. I will never be able to erase the name Marina Abramovic from my mind ever again. She has moved me. After hearing about her, i was thrust into a 2 day mindfuck/depression. Other fancies of the semester: Pollock. LACMA. Tagging/Urban graffiti. Museum Of Jurrasic Technology, VENICE BEACH ART WALLS!!!! Coco Fusco. The Cacophony Society, flash mobs, happenings. I've been inspired all semester, yet let down because a majority of things i enjoy about what we have learned arent present. Oh well, LA and SF is calling to me, so eventually ill go to one. BUT! Heres my gift to everyone, plus some tracks ive been listening to lately, and my personal thoughts on it. Enjoy! ;)

Ok, here is a youtube "video" (basically a picture with effects) I made for my remix of Young Nosha's video "Rapper passes out from blunt hit". Musically, its been called "Young Nosha - Get Smoked By That Blunt".. so I did a proper techno/electronic remix from scratch using his vocals, fruity loops studio 5 and basic samples/vst's/effects. I made this track over a week ago, finalized the video on youtube on the 14th, and now im sharing with you now!
This track here, I heard for the first time in years a few days ago. It has consumed me ever since, and it has made me over the last few days shed more tears than I have in a long time. This is very nostalgic to me, and it represents a mindset, a way of life that has slowly disappeared in the Los Angeles rave scene. This is such a moving experience, I dont know why LA has phased out Happy Hardcore... =`( Seriously, I cry each time I listen to this track...


Okok, enough of the cheezy touchy feely emotional shiz. Let's Get fucking DIRTY AND GRIMY!!!
Ive just recently heard of drumstep, and this shit is fucking so dirty, that I dont want to get clean. Fucking amazing. This is the future of edm.




And this is just pure sex. Taking the best of Scarface and making it a smooth yet semi dirty drumstep monster. Im telling you, drumstep is coming up. I love the classics, trance, house, dnb, techno, happy hardcore, but this young beast is going to explode.

Take care, its been a trip.

Id like to keep in touch with thoes who care to care back.

http://www.fb.com/lizzle1

Yours Truely,

 Epicnizzle

1 comment:

  1. Yay for all your effort, enthusiasm, insights. Have a great summer & a great future!

    -- Glenn

    ReplyDelete