Sunday, May 15, 2011

M4 #7 Isamu Noguchi

Isamu Noguchi (November 17, 1904 – December 30, 1988) was a prominent Japanese American artist and landscape architect whose artistic career spanned six decades, from the 1920s onward. Known for his sculpture and public works, Noguchi also designed stage sets for various Martha Graham productions, and several mass-produced lamps and furniture pieces, some of which are still manufactured and sold.


Portal: This is a piece in Cleveland, Ohio. Pretty darn interesting.. and huge! This reminds me of something a computer company would use for thier logo ;)


Red Cube: This one is in New York. Looks like a die if you ask me! Snake eyes!! Haha..





I didnt catch the name of this one. This one is pretty cool too. I wish sometimes I could see all these works of art in person, and not just by images. They dont do it much justice! I wouldnt even know where to start in regards to making work like this. It must take a huge out of the box thinking and focus to be able to create something like this. And for that reason, i pay homage and respect to artists like Isamu Noguchi!

1 comment:

  1. I first learned of Isamu Noguchi while reading a biography on Frida Kahlo. ( He was a lover of hers.) I haven't looked into much of his art yet what I have seen is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete