Saturday, April 23, 2011

Toni Dove


Toni Dove is a New York-based artist working primarily in electronic and interactive media. She is considered one of the pioneers of interactive cinema, and has shown work at ZKM, the Banff Centre for the Arts, the Brooklyn Anchorage, and the Whitney Museum of American Art. She has been affiliated with Creative Time and Harvestworks, and a DVD version of scenes from her pieces has been distributed by Cycling '74. She is the granddaughter of American abstract painter Arthur Dove.




Toni Dove - Spectropia
(Click for a video clip!!)
 
Now I don't know if this is just a clip of the entire performance, but this completely had me in awe. Its artists like Toni that put smiles on my face. To experience a work that someone has put themself into, and completely put thier heart and soul into is a moving experience.
 
I would definately like to check her out if when she tours in the LA area. I bet this would be one fun interactive experience I would never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment