Monday, March 28, 2011

Erwin Redl


I was instantly intrigued when I saw some of Erwin Redl's work. This instantly reminded me of an amazing laser light show or even some art installations you would find at edm festivals. I was reminded of what we learned about in class today, "Total Installation". Given the space, Redl has created a piece that works in the space that he was given.

I find it amazing that something as simple as an led light, put together in a certain fashion can create something so mindblowing to look at. As I mentioned before, I haven't seen Redl's work in person, but i have seen some smaller, less complex led displays and it's definately breathtaking to look at, with or without music. This makes me interested in learning more on how to put something like this together!

Click here, and scroll to the bottom to see a video of a pretty cool led wall!
http://aninfluxofculture.blogspot.com/2011/02/pendulum-and-giuseppe-ottaviani.html

No comments:

Post a Comment